No fancy machines, no Chinese timegrapher, no quoting the manufacturer just real world wear, tear and results. The end result is the real world variation you can expect for each watch.
How it works:
- I time the watch being “tested” to the atomic clock;
- I take a photo of the watch synced to the atomic clock;
- I wear the watch through my normal day, leave it with my cell phone over night while I sleep and then pick it back up and wear it for a few more hours the next day;
- After “roughly” 24-hours I take another photo of the watch and the atomic clock to see what the real world daily gain or loss is for that watch.
Alphabetically by Brand and Model:
- Glashutte GUB – Spezmatic
- Maranez – Bangala Green Ceramic California
- Meccaniche Veneziane – Nereide GMT “San Marco”
- Meccaniche Veneziane – Nereide 2.0 “Ardesia”
- Meccaniche Veneziane – Nereide 3.0 “Doppio Drago”
- Meccaniche Veneziane – Nereide 3.0 “Classico”
- Meccaniche Veneziane – Nereide 3.0 “Ardilla Crema” Watches & Crystals (Limited Edition)
- Meccaniche Veneziane – Redentore “Burano” (Limited Edition)
- Omega – Seamaster Planet Ocean ETNZ ‘Deep Black”
- Seiko – Presage “Blue Moon”
- Seiko – King Seiko Hi-Beat 4502-7000
- Spinnaker – Hull California
- Spinnaker – Hull California Tactical
- Swatch – Tresor Magique
This list is regularly being added to so check back regularly.